Creative Dementia Arts Network
mission:The Creative Dementia Arts Network believes that participation in music, singing, theatre, drama, dance, visual arts, crafts and other creative arts are beneficial for people with dementia. Our mission is to promote the use of creative arts as a means of improving the health and well being of individuals living with dementia, their families and communities. We do this through providing artists, arts organisations and educators with information and resources for their work and facilitating the sharing and exchange of best practice. We also connect creative arts providers with commissioners working across cultural, health, social care, housing and business sectors to raise awareness of the value of creative arts for dementia.
The Creative Dementia Arts Network aims to:
• Promote connections and collaborations between people with dementia, their carers, commissioners, health, housing and social care providers, policy makers, professionals and care staff, cultural institutions, artists and academics, commerce and business.
• Facilitate the sharing and exchange of knowledge about the use of creative arts to improve the quality of life of people living with dementia.
• Provide and develop tools and resources to improve practice in dementia care and the arts.
• Provide specialist expertise to the health, housing, social care and creative arts sectors.
• Support the professional development of people working in creative arts and dementia care, and promote creative caring in health, housing and social care services.
• Facilitate access to creative arts and dementia care research and encourage robust evaluation practice.
• Raise the profile of creative arts, health and social care in the UK and campaign for creative arts and dementia at a strategic level.
contact:53 Oakthorpe Road
Oxford, England OX2 7BD