UCLArts & Healing transforms lives through creative expression by integrating the innate benefits of the arts with mental health practices for self-discovery, connection, and empowerment.
Our experiential education programs are designed to serve all ages and populations, particularly those living with challenges of trauma, illness, special needs, or social isolation. Our sustainable strategy for meeting the needs of under-resourced communities includes online trainings and free programs in socially and emotionally supportive practices that anyone can use, and an online Certificate Program in Social Emotional Arts for those who want to learn how to develop, deliver, and evaluate their own effective curricula.
UCLArts & Healing is supported by the Arts & Healing Initiative, a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization created for this purpose.
Digital Media Manager Position Description
The Digital Media Manager (DMM) works directly with the Director of Operations & Communications to spearhead UCLArts & Healing’s digital initiatives with the goal to increase the community awareness of our offerings. Additionally, this role will be responsible for helping to implement Salesforce (and other new technologies and platforms) within our small, growing organization.
Full-time (starting at 30 hours per week); non-exempt. Hourly Rate: $25/hr to $28/hr.
Operations & Communications Director
Position Hours & Location
30 hours per week to start, with the possibility of increasing to 40 hours per week. This position is 100% remote. Work hours are flexible and allow for self-management of time, although agreed upon, daily, core weekday hours will be established to facilitate staff communication. We welcome applicants from any location, provided that the time difference does not pose a problem for staff interface in Pacific time.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Director of Operations and Communications in executing a media strategy that nurtures relationships with current and potential key contacts, organizations, and media while developing and implementing new initiatives aimed at increasing engagement
- Create promotional materials such as brochure, flyers, and graphics as needed
- Assist Operations & Communications Director with monthly e-newsletter blasts, including performance analysis reporting of campaigns
- Keep content up-to-date on WordPress website (adding content, creating new program detail and Store pages, updating imagery, creating new graphics, finding stock imagery, assisting with updates as needed, etc.)
- Work with Social Media Manager and Director of Operations & Communications on creating collaborative content for cross-platform marketing
- Point person for SF questions and troubleshooting; aid staff in SF, SF plug-ins, and Trailhead use and adoption
- Handle basic SF administrative functions including user maintenance, modification of page layouts, creation of new fields and automation, and other routine tasks as needed and/or directed, and in accordance with best practices
- Develop and refine relevant SF reports & dashboards across departments; advise other staff on running reports as well as building reports and dashboards
- Maintain system documentation & SF training manual for staff
- Act as main point of contact with SF support and consultants
Other Digital Media Responsibilities
- Serve as point person for ensuring branding guidelines are met across all organizational templates, sites, documents, etc.
- Help staff as needed to keep templates current and on brand for presentations, Google sites, docs, and reports
- Assist with miscellaneous digital tasks as needed (creating email signatures, fulfilling image requests, etc.)
- Help staff as needed with technology issues and questions about applications; create tutorial videos, how-to documents, and research troubleshooting solutions as needed
- Research new applications, programs, and tools for workflow and efficiencies
Conduct other duties as assigned by the Operations & Communications Director and/or Founder & Director.*
*As a small non-profit organization, each staff member may be asked periodically to assume responsibility for tasks not in their job description.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years working in a non-profit or related field
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated interest and passion for digital technology
- Detail-oriented self-starter, with demonstrated success in meeting deadlines
- Compatible career objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Dropbox, Asana, Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, GSuite for Nonprofits, Adobe Digital Editions/Edition Guard, WordPress, and HTML highly preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite required
- Proficiency in Salesforce required; emphasis in NPSP and Pardot preferred
- Collaborative, results-oriented, positive, energetic, and proactive team player
- Three strong references
Health insurance and PTO, including seven major holidays.
UCLArts & Healing is currently revising its technology policy to provide necessary computer equipment and software to staff and is seeking an information technology specialist to assist us with computer selection, set up, and troubleshooting as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
UCLArts & Healing does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other restricting classification in its provision of scholarships and selection of applicants.
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter with the subject header, “UCLArts & Healing Digital Media Manager Position,” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted through Sunday, September 19th. Note: Only applicants proficient in both Salesforce and Adobe Creative Suite will be considered for this position.