We are currently looking for a part-time program administrative assistant to join our team!
UCLArts & Healing transforms lives through creative expression by integrating the innate benefits of the arts with mental health practices for self-discovery, connection, and empowerment.
Our experiential education programs are designed to serve all ages and populations, particularly those living with challenges such as trauma, loneliness, disability, illness, loss, or social isolation. Our sustainable strategy for meeting the needs of under-resourced communities includes partnerships, online trainings and free programs in socially and emotionally supportive practices that anyone can use, and an online Certificate Program in Social Emotional Arts for those who want to learn how to develop, deliver, and evaluate their own effective curricula.
UCLArts & Healing is supported by the Arts & Healing Initiative, a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization established for this purpose. UCLArts & Healing does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other restricting classification in the selection of employees and scholarship recipients.
Program Administrative Assistant: Position Description
We are seeking a part-time Program Administrative Assistant (PAA) to provide support for UCLArts & Healing programs.
The PAA will be responsible for handling general program-related inquiries and maintaining digital documents for accuracy and accessibility. Examples are outlined in the Responsibilities section below. In this integral supportive role, the PAA will work directly with the Programs Manager and collaborate with other staff members as needed.
Part-Time (10-15 per week); non-exempt. Hourly Rate: $20-22 per hour.
Position Hours & Location
This position is 100% remote. Work hours are flexible and allow for self-management of time, although agreed upon, daily, core weekday hours will be established to facilitate staff communication. Location in the Pacific Time zone preferred.
- Respond to general inquiries (email/phone) relating to programs in a timely manner.
- Track progress of trainees’ assignments and surveys for the Certificate Program in Social Emotional Arts (SEA).
- Format documents for proper readability and accessibility for trainees and instructors.
- Update slide decks and tech outlines for programs/trainings as needed.
- Assist with audit of SEA trainees with outstanding program requirements.
- Create SEA acceptance letters and assist with the application review process.
- Maintain program rosters and send welcome, reminder, and thank you emails.
- Assist in program scheduling with faculty.
- Communicate with program trainees and new registrants as needed.
- Create general certificates of completion for program trainees.
- Assist with program reports and data input into CRM platform (Salesforce).
- Maintain continuing education verification, evaluation forms, and certificate issuance.
- Potential training to facilitate programs on Zoom for live class sessions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Preferred minimum of 3 years of experience in administrative tasks.
- Compatible interests to our field and mission.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter, with demonstrated success in meeting deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability and desire to problem solve.
- Proficiency in G Suite, Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader, DropBox, Zoom, database management and learning management systems; Salesforce and Thinkific experience a plus.
- Collaborative, results-oriented, positive, energetic, and proactive team player.
- Three strong professional references.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject header “UCLArts & Healing PT Program Admin Assistant.” Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applicants will be contacted only if the applicant’s skills match the job requirements. No phone calls please.